Updating Question

BRM bm_witness at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 30 14:14:14 CET 2008

I installed the KDE-Windows on my Win2k system at home a while ago - the system is now running Gentoo most of the time, so I haven't done any updates on it, which is needed as plasma has crashed a few times so I think it needs a newer version (definately before anything could be filed, especially since its been so long - though its likely to have already been filed). I am considering installing it on my WinXP SP3 laptop at work because I really like KDE4 and want to be able to use it every day.

My question, though, is how easy is it to update the software? Do I have to watch for new installers and update it? Or is there a method built-in to updating existing install easily?

TIA,

Ben