KDE on Windows- Flash Drive

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sat Aug 16 10:59:25 CEST 2008

Bill Hoffman schrieb:
> Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
>
>> wayne_tempel at comcast.net said the following, On 2008-08-14 03:03:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>       I would like to thank Eduard Sukharev, for giving me some tips on how to get Konqueror up and running. It worked. I'm new to this.
>>>
>> Just a proposal,
>> Have you noted this down on techbase.kde.org for others being in your
>> situation? This would be a start for your contributions...
>>

> OK, I am the CMake guy... so I may not know what I am talking about
> here... :)
>
> This may already be in the works or done.  But it seems to me that a
> grate PR thing would be to have a single windows installer for Konqueror
> .  Sort of Firefox/IE competition.   Again, forgive me if this has
> already be discussed.
>
> This seems a bit developer oriented:

you mean the developer mode or the end user mode
> http://www.winkde.org/pub/kde/ports/win32/installer/
> (It also takes a long time to install)

a minimal msvc kde installation in the recent packaging
=kdebase-runtime-4.1.0, kde-l10n-4.1.0-de and it dependencies is about
200MB of installed size so it needs some  time to download and it install.
> If you had something that was, install the cool KDE web browser with one
> simple install, it might be good PR and get more people interested in KDE.

For amarok there is already a kind of a single click installer based on
the end user mode of the current net installer and it would be possible
to adapt it to install other applications.

The main task for such a goal would be to split the recent packages into
packages for each application maybe along with splitted language packages.