KDE on Windows- Flash Drive

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Aug 14 17:17:12 CEST 2008

Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> wayne_tempel at comcast.net said the following, On 2008-08-14 03:03:
>> Hello,
>>       I would like to thank Eduard Sukharev, for giving me some tips on how to get Konqueror up and running. It worked. I'm new to this.
>
> Just a proposal,
> Have you noted this down on techbase.kde.org for others being in your
> situation? This would be a start for your contributions...

OK, I am the CMake guy... so I may not know what I am talking about
here... :)

This may already be in the works or done.  But it seems to me that a
grate PR thing would be to have a single windows installer for Konqueror
.  Sort of Firefox/IE competition.   Again, forgive me if this has
already be discussed.

This seems a bit developer oriented:

http://www.winkde.org/pub/kde/ports/win32/installer/
(It also takes a long time to install)

If you had something that was, install the cool KDE web browser with one
simple install, it might be good PR and get more people interested in KDE.

-Bill