KDE on Windows

Eduard Sukharev kraplax at mail.ru
Wed Aug 13 10:55:44 CEST 2008

В сообщении от Wednesday 13 August 2008 09:30:32 wayne_tempel at comcast.net
написал(а):
> Hello,
>      I downloaded KDE for Windows and installed it. It didn't work to well
> for me though. Somethings work and some don't. Konqueror is one of  the
> ones that doesn't. Is there something else that I need to install for KDE
> to work on Windows? Thanks for your time.

Assuming that you are really new to KDE on Windows i guess you're talking
about the issue every new KDE on Windows user encounter - failing to launch
the Konqueror.
Try these things:
1) Press Win+R (or just go to Start -> Run...) and enter
there 'konqueror.exe'. See if that will launch Konqi.
2) See what icon does the shortcut in Start menu has for Konqueror - if it's
somewhat like blue cupboard, then it's definitely the same problem for all.
That shortcut points to kfmclient.exe instead of konqueror.exe, so no
Konqueror is launched. You may fix that by writing 'konqueror.exe' instead
of 'kfmclient.exe' in shortcut properties dialog (in target input field).

I guess this bug is really annoying for all newcomers, but it's really easy to
fix manually. Though, the error itself hides somewhere in the automated
process of creating shortcuts in start menu, so the bug isn't that easy to
fix.

Best regards and welcome to KDE on Windows :)

P.S. You'd better describe your issues and problems more accurate next time to
get help and help to fix the bug.