kdelibs compile error

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon Aug 4 00:04:46 CEST 2008

Patrick Spendrin schrieb:
> Ralf Habacker schrieb:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> with recent svn source code (tested with cmake 2.6.0 and 2.6.1) I got
>> linker errors:
>>

>> Scanning dependencies of target kde4-config
>> Linking CXX executable ..\bin\kde4-config.exe
>> LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'optimized.lib'
>> LINK Pass 1 failed. with 2
>>
>> A look into the related build.cmake shows that the term
>> optimized;E:/daten/kde/emerge-msvc-root/lib/kdewin32.lib;debug;E:/daten/kde/emerge-msvc-root/lib/kdewin32d.lib
>> from the CMakeCache.txt are evaluated into
>>
>> optimized.lib
>> E:\daten\kde\emerge-msvc-root\lib\kdewin32.lib
>> debug.lib
>> E:\daten\kde\emerge-msvc-root\lib\kdewin32d.lib
>>

>> The optimized.lib and debug.lib are complete wrong here and there should
>> only be one real library listed on the link line depending on the build
>> type.
>>
>> Short time ago this does work without any problems.  Any  hints how to
>> solve this problem would be very welcome because it is currently not
>> possible to release several important binary packages for the KDE 4.1
>> release.
>>
> Exactly the same happens with the general keyword: it is not correctly used and thus produces strange errors (trying to link general.lib)-
The general keyword works for me with cmake 2.6.0 and 2.6.1
> this seems to be a cmake related problem (maybe a buildsystem one as cmake worked with this before).

When I remove the optimized/debug libraries from the related _DEPENDS
lines in  CMakeCache.txt  and add a
general;E:/daten/kde/emerge-msvc-root/lib/kdewin32d.lib (for debug
builds) then there is no linking error. I assume that there is a problem
in the area where cmake parses the _DEPENDS lines.