akademy 2008 ?

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Wed Apr 30 02:44:56 CEST 2008

Ralf Habacker schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I've some questions relating to the Akdemy 2008  because the call of
> presentation closes on 1 May 2008
> http://akademy.kde.org/conference/cfp.php.
>
> - Does anyone have a kde on windows related presentation for Akademy
> 2008 or
> - are there any ideas what kind of presentation for windows should take
> place ?
> - Is somebody here who like to give this speech ?
Yes, I will submit two papers, one for KDE on Windows and one for my
GSoC-participation in general. I will definitely try to hold the last
one but I would also be keen on holding one about KDE on Windows. If
you're interested in splitting our talk into two (e.g. one about the
tools and one about the general state )

The abstract for KDE on Windows is this one:
KDE on Windows - Platform:

As the porting efforts for MS Windows go on, it is time to give a new
oversight to the community how much we have reached up to that day.
Besides showing again some new applications that have been ported
recently (like KOffice and KTorrent), I want to give some deeper insight
how well KDE applications work together with our libraries and other
Windows applications. One of these features is the Kross scripting
framework that features Python support for KOffice applications.
The more Windows specific stuff is the way how we build, package,
distribute and install KDE on Windows. To build KDE we use Python build
scripts (called emerge) which ensure that all dependencies are met, to
install the packages, we took over the concept of a package manager (the
kdewin-installer) and are developing both tools in the kdesupport folder.

> Regards
> Ralf

regards,
Patrick

ps:
I will be away from 30.04. until 04.05. at least+the deadline is 01.05.
so please reply as soon as possible if this is ok for you.
--
web:                 http://windows.kde.org