(emerge) broken support for cmake 2.6.0 after the recent upgrade

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Thu Apr 24 01:27:01 CEST 2008

Jaroslaw Staniek schrieb:
> Alexander Neundorf said the following, On 2008-04-24 00:14:
>> On Thursday 24 April 2008, Jarosław Staniek wrote:
>>> I have these lines in cmakecache.txt
>>> kcal_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=general;C:/kde4/lib/QtSvg4.lib;general;C:/kde4/lib/
>>> QtSvgd4.lib;....
>>>
>>> and:
>>> Building CXX object kmime/CMakeFiles/kmime.dir/kautodeletehash.obj
>>> kautodeletehash.cpp
>>> NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'C:\kde4\lib\QtCore4.lib'
>>>
>>> etc...
>>>
>>> Christian?
>>
>> What did you exactly do ?
>> Trying to build some KDE module with cmake 2.6 against kdelibs built with
>> cmake 2.4.x ?
>
> forgot that problem indeed, it was upgrade forced by emerge (but it shouldnt
> be...), just downgraded to 2.4.8 to get my work done

yeah, just for everybody hitting this problem too:
you can get the 2.4.8 version of cmake with
'emerge -i --target=2.4.8 cmake'
BUT!!!!!
this is not recommended and you're on your own.
you should rather rebuild kdesupport/* kdelibs/ kdepimlibs/
kdebase-runtime and the project you're working on.
Please keep that in mind.

regards,
Patrick

--