emerge dirty patches for download problems

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Apr 17 19:42:02 CEST 2008

Hi Kde-Windows-Hackers,

here are to dirty patches that might come in handy, if
a) the network connection to some server is down, but you have the file
b) round-robin dns from sourceforge gives you bad servers occasionally

A real solution for b) would be to implement general fetchting retries.

For a) we would need to implement a verficiation step
that would check a sha1sum or an OpenPGP signature on disk first before
trying to use the network.

Patch a) is from Bernhard Herzog.
They are both too small to claim copyright IMO, but we love credits. :)

Happy hacking,
Bernhard

ps.: If you wonder about the FIXME in the context of one patch:
Yes there is the subprocess module. And yes a better way would be to use
urllib2 completely and just implement reget with it like urlgrabber does.