Switch to MSVC 9.0 (aka 2008 express

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Wed Apr 16 15:08:33 CEST 2008

> Von: Abdelrazak Younes
> Patrick Spendrin wrote:
> > Abdelrazak Younes schrieb:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I am involved in the LyX project and Peter Kummel had made easy to use
> >> your Qt and GnuWin32 binaries for us (thanks by the way Peter ;-) . I
> am
> >> happy to report that your installer worked perfectly and I am very
> >> impressed by it. Would you consider switching to MSVC 2008?
> >>
> > Probably not that fast.
> >
> I am using MSV2008 for LyX development and it seems that there are some
> compatibility problems with the MSVC2005 generated Qt libraries; two
> times out of three, Windows (Vista) tells me that the entry point for
> ?deref at QBasicAtomicInt@@QAE_NXZ is missing in QtCore4.dll.

It's simply not possible - see my other post.
<snip>
> Another question, would it be possible to also include the Qt debug
> libraries (QtCore4d, etc)?

No - the libs are made for end-users, not really for developers. If you want to develop with the libs, use emerge and compile them by yourself.

Christian
--
Psst! Geheimtipp: Online Games kostenlos spielen bei den GMX Free Games!
http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/de/entertainment/games/free