dbus errors

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sun Apr 13 00:15:05 CEST 2008

Jeff Mitchell wrote:
>> Peter Kümmel wrote:

>>> You could also remove "interface" in the Qt header or rename it, the
>>> name isn't important in the header:
>>>
>>> static QDBusMessage createSignal(const QString &path, const QString
>>> &interface_this_name_is_totally_arbitrary, const QString &name);
>>>
>>> Then we could try to post a patch to Trolltech not to use "interface"
>>> as name for variables in declaration.
>>
>> Thiago, is there a snowball's chance in hell of this happening?
>> (especially in 4.4?)  I'm including some standard include headers in
>> my files on Windows to query WMI for hardware information.  I'm still
>> trying to pinpoint the exact MS include file that is causing
>> this...there are several that #define interface, but so far none that
>> appear in my includes list...but I haven't been able to check the
>> normal VC includes yet (i.e. I don't *think* that any of the Win2K3
>> SDK ones are defining it).
>
>Testing this, I forgot that there's a method named interface()...it
>doesn't only appear in unimportant places.  Which means that to change
>it would be to break API...not going to happen.  Not sure if an "#undef
>interface" might be possible...

The solution is the same as for X11.h:

1) do not include it if you can help it
2) include it LAST then include a fix header (similar to fixx11h.h)

Try to keep all includes of platform-specific stuff to platform-specific
files.
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358