dbus errors

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Fri Apr 11 08:56:45 CEST 2008

Christian Ehrlicher wrote:

>> Unfortunately, it doesn't produce anything.  It just shifts the errors
>> down by one line...no warnings about previous definitions of interface
>> are given.
>>
>> However, doing:
>> #undef interface
>>
>> Makes compile work again.
>>
>> How do I solve this?  It's probably a result of including some of the
>> various Microsoft files I needed to include in order to get WMI
>> methods written.  But I don't really want to #undef things that are
>> supposed to be defined willy-nilly, nor can I expect that "patch Qt"
>> is a reasonable answer  :-)

You could also remove "interface" in the Qt header or rename it, the
name isn't important in the header:

static QDBusMessage createSignal(const QString &path, const QString
&interface_this_name_is_totally_arbitrary, const QString &name);

Then we could try to post a patch to Trolltech not to use "interface"
as name for variables in declaration.

> I've also PSDK 2003 and MSVC8SP1 Express and it works fine for me.

Is this the same SDK Jeff uses?

Maybe it it possible to suppress the including of the header defining
interface by using a macro when building qt.

> You can continue the way Peter told you - try to comment out the related
> lines or function parameters and see if it works. That's the only way to
> find out what's going wrong.
> Your include files look fine.

Peter