kio/kulcompletion platform independent implementation ?

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Sat Apr 5 23:24:11 CEST 2008

Christian Ehrlicher said the following, On 2008-04-05 21:24:
> Jeff Mitchell schrieb:
>> Ralf Habacker wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i saw that the class KUrlCompletion uses the posix functions
>>> opendir/readdir/closedir. Any idea why this is not implemented platform
>>> independent by using QDir ?
>> Don't know, but is this actually causing problems?  Or is it handled by
>> Windows' POSIX subsystem?
>>
> Avoid M$'s posix functions as much as possible... they mostly work but
> sometimes not the way they should.
>
> @Ralf: ask k-c-d if we can replace them with Qt functions.

Agreed. Moreover, one note about msvc 2005 or newer: there are assertions
forcing us to use the API funcions strictly according to documentation, i.e
when NULL argument is not allowed somewhere, we should not use it.
We can forget this by switching to Qt's counterparts.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek