Problem running kde4 on windows

Gareth Haslip kde at haslip.co.uk
Wed Sep 19 22:53:36 CEST 2007

I installed the latest binaries for MSVC8 using
kdewin-installer-gui-0.7.6.exe, setup the paths to the libraries and
(since I am on VC7) copied the following dll''s into the bin folder:

msvcp80d.dll
msvcp80.dll
msvcr80d.dll
msvcr80.dll

Then running any kde app gives a loader error "This application has
failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect".

Running depends shows the following error:

Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information in
"c:\kde4\bin\KDED4.EXE" contains errors. This application has failed to
start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling
the application may fix this problem (14001).
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing
export function in a delay-load dependent module. (it's not obvious
anything is wrong from the dependancy tree)

Any ideas which dependency could be wrong?  Am I alone with this issue?

Regards,

Gareth