Problems with recent build

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Sep 6 02:40:59 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've built yesterday and today updated qt-copy and rebuilt. However I've
got two problems:

a) kdeinit4 starts dbus (and dbus-daemon runs, but I don't see its
console window), but I get a message:
Failed to bind to socket: ... Address already in use.

It seems manually launching dbus-daemon helps, but autostart did work
last time I built kde4 (sometime in early august I think)

b) the other problem is that kdevelop crashes during startup trying to
use KService::library, which I suspect comes from using
KService::serviceByDesktopName() in kdevkonsoleview_part.cpp to check
wether konsolepart exists or not. I don't have a right backtrace at the
moment, will try to get it tomorrow.

Andreas

--
Today is the first day of the rest of the mess.