kmail for win ?

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Fri Nov 23 15:36:03 CET 2007

Adrian Coman schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I just subscribed to this list, and I would like to ask if there's
> already a kmail4 installer for windows.
as far as I know, no
> I'm waiting for a long time to use kmail on windows. I know about the
> kd4 installer for windows, but I don't want to install all the KDE in
> order to be able to use kmail.
You still need to install some basic libraries kde applications depends
on and this is what the installer does.
> Not even with this kde4 installer I couldn't run kmail ...
because noone had made a binary package for kmail rsp. kdepim.
> if there no separate kmail installer for win, maybe someone will teach
> me how to use the kde installer in order to use kmail on windows.
If there would be a kmail or a kdepim binary package containing kmail,
it could simply be selected in the KDE4 installer and installed with all
the required packages.