kalzium molecular viewer segfaults

Saro Engels ps_ml at gmx.de
Sat Nov 17 21:38:30 CET 2007

Hi all,

I have worked a bit on getting both openbabel and Kalzium work together
and now I had time again to test it a bit more I found out that Kalzium
segfaults when it wants to open a .cml file.
The error output in gdb is following:

warning: Debug:kalzium(10728)/kio (KDirWatch)
KDirWatchPrivate::removeEntry: Removed Dir
"D:/cygopt/kde-root/share/apps/kalzium/data/molecules" for ""
["KDirWatch-1"]

warning: Debug:kalzium(10728) MoleculeDialog::slotLoadMolecule: Filename
to load:
"D:/cygopt/kde-root/share/apps/kalzium/data/molecules/methanol.cml"

OpenBabel::OBConversion::SetOutFormat (this=0x22a64c, pOut=0x0) at
d:/cygopt/kde-root/tmp/openbabel-src-2.1.1/work/openbabel-2.1.1/src/obcon
version.cpp:427
427         return !(pOutFormat->Flags() & NOTWRITABLE);
(gdb)

I am not sure if this is a problem in openbabel, in avogadro or in
kalzium itself. If you can point me to some solutions ( how is the
molecular viewer working together with openbabel and avogadro? ) I would
be very thankful.

greetings
SaroEngels