KDE Windows Updater Client

Bernhard mustermaxi at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 22:13:08 CET 2007

Hello!

This is my first email to this mailing list so please be patient.

I thought about a little program running on windows in the systray, checking
everyday for new updates for your KDE4 packages. Afaik the current client
for downloading and compiling the KDE4 source is a bit unpratical imo.

To my bad I don't know how the whole dependency checking and download +
compiling works because if I'd know that I would have already tried to write
a client.

If you know openSUSE 10.3: I mean something similar to opensuse-updater.
Because there is no Package mangement on windows this would be a cool
addition for everybody using KDE on windows. Especially in the beginning
when KDE 4.0 gets released there will be many bugs which will be really
annoying and you'll be really thankful if you get automatically the updates
for your programs fixing these bugs.

Tomorrow I'll start writing something like this in QT4 but I really don't
know how to implement the whole dependency checking and this stuff.

If someone has an idea or an howto or something similiar where I could get
some information about it I'll do my best and write the client.

With friendly Greetings

Bernhard

PS:You guys (of course the whole KDE team) really rock!