running KDE (Re: KDE windows alpha 2 release available)

S Page skierpage at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 7 03:14:55 CET 2007

(Apps looks so much better now I have kdebase bin and Oxygen!)

Back in July, Ralf Habacker wrote in "KDE windows alpha 2 release
available":

 > *To use this release install the listed package and their dependencies
 > (they should be selected for install by default). Then open a command
 > shell and set the **environment as
 >
 > set PATH=<kdewin-install-root>\bin;<kdewin-install-root>\lib;%PATH%
 > set KDEDIRS <kdewin-install-root>
 >
 > *important*: for KDEDIRS use / as path delimiter not \
 >
 > c:\>start klauncher
 > c:\>start kded4
 > c:\>start knotify4

Is all this still true, if so I'll document it in Installation?
SaroEngels did not think KDEDIRS is still needed.  I've noticed some
apps starting klauncher.exe themselves.

Thanks for your guidance,
--
=S Page