KDE Installer issues (Re: hi, KDE Install success, wrote down some stuff)

S Page skierpage at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 7 01:14:16 CET 2007

I ran into the corrupt download problem Mr. Aceler mentioned: the
installer doesn't report a downloaded file is corrupted (although it
logs "Warning:Can not open download/path/package.zip" in
kdewin-installer.log), and will reuse the local corrupted file next time
you try to install.

So I deleted my incomplete 58MB kdebase-msvc-3.95-1-bin.zip file and
re-ran.  The installer completed successfully, but again the zip file
was incomplete (only 26,821,288 bytes).

According to Process Monitor, the installer had no errors writing out
the downloaded file.  I couldn't get Process Monitor to show the network
requests; it seemed like a separate thread exited and the main thread
wrote out the last 10,220 bytes of the file.

Ben Aceler wrote:
>> BTW, is someone uses bugs.kde.org to track such bugs? I didn't find a
>> "kde-installer" component, only "kde-windows". Is it enough? If not,
>> can someone add a component tree like from kde-installer to bugzilla?

Christian Ehrlicher replied:
> Don't think it's usefull in the current state of the installer.

I'm noting these issues at
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Windows/Installation#Issues_with_KDE_Installer_for_Windows
, corrections and additions welcome.

--