hi, KDE Install success, wrote down some stuff

Ben Aceler aceler at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 14:19:50 CET 2007

2007/11/6, S Page <skierpage at earthlink.net>:
> Ben Aceler wrote:
>
> > My english is not as good as needed to write a good article for wiki. Can
> > someone... translate our notes for it?
>
> Sure, I added your comments to
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Windows/Installation#Download_needed_packages
>
> Perhaps there's still a need for separate page(s) for *Running* KDE on
> Windows.  Presumably whether you built it or installed it, there are
> similar issues: processes like dbus-daemon.exe and klauncher.exe,
> environment variables, using ioslaves, etc.  Perhaps long-term such
> information belongs on http://windows.kde.org (I don't have editing
> ability there).
>
> Also perhaps a page on Windows debugging would be useful.  KDE Installer
> provides DebugView and Process Monitor, so guide users in using them.
>
> Is there a web resource for the KDE 4.0 apps?  docs.kde.org only seems
> to cover 3.5.x apps.

Thanks.

Also, I found another bug in kde-installer. If you press "cancel"
button during downloading process, kde-installer will return to the
main screen. You can even exit kde-intaller, but the download process
will continue.

BTW, is someone uses bugs.kde.org to track such bugs? I didn't find a
"kde-installer" component, only "kde-windows". Is it enough? If not,
can someone add a component tree like from kde-installer to bugzilla?