D-Bus problem

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri May 18 21:26:24 CEST 2007

On 18.05.07 17:06:15, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> >The problem we're having is that kio slaves don't work on windows
> >anymore and the reason seems to be that name resolving doesn't work
> >anymore. I already tried reverting all changes up to may 10th, but that
> >didn't help. I know now for sure the change that broke this was
> >introduced between april 26th and a week or two ago. (I created a
> >kdevelop4 screenshot on windows at that date)
>
> KNetwork (now K3Network) has never been supported on Windows. That's one
> of the reasons why we're moving to QtNetwork.
>
> I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do now. Code using KNetwork should be
> considered non-portable to Windows. And currently, KIO is so. My plan is
> to rewrite KIO::Connection so that it's portable. I will have time for
> that at aKademy, along with the KSSL work.

But what changed after April 26nd, that makes kio not work anymore? I
mean kio_file (at least) did work perfectly fine before, also this is
not about kio making a connection to another host, this is about the
communication IP socket between the slave and klauncher (or kdeinit, not
sure atm).

Andreas

--
You will be called upon to help a friend in trouble.