D-Bus problem

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu May 17 12:44:54 CEST 2007

On 17.05.07 11:59:15, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat schrieb:
> > On 15.05.07 00:44:12, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> > talk to klauncher: The name org.kde.klauncher was not provided by any
> > .service files".
> >
> > After moving klauncher from lib/kde4/libexec to bin/ that one is gone (I
> > guess on windows there shouldn't be anything installed into libexec??)
> >
> yes

Ok, I guess I'll do that tomorrow unless somebody else is faster (that
== fixing CMakeLists.txt to not install anything into libexec on win32)

> > and I get the same message as you, saying that a file slave is created.
> > One thing that is weird is that the path is something like
> >
> > file:///C:/Dokument                     4096nd
> > 0.000000E+000instellungen/Andreas
> >

> There may be KUrl/Qurl  fixes required see
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-windows&m=116663586908938&w=2, but this
> issues should be fixed in the second step. More important is that the
> socket communications works.

Good that I see that now. We've got a couple of places in KDevelop where
we use path() instead of toLocalFile. I'll fix those right now.

> > I'll now try to find the base classes of
> > kio_file slave and check wether I find any changes in that.
> >
> See kio\kio\slavebase.cpp. On unix the master opens a unix domain socket
> to which the client connects. On windows the socket should be tcp and
> the message above indicates that the client could not connect to the
> socket the master has opened.

Hmm, there has been a change recently to tcp stuff in there, the int
that was used for the port was changed to a qint64 (iirc) and is not
global to the function it is used in (don't have the source line at
hand). I reverted that change, but didn't get anywhere...

> > If that doesn't bring anything, how do I debug kio slaves under win32?
> >
> The problem is that debugging kioslaves is very dynamic because of
> process starting and socket connection timeouts.

On Unix and KDE3 one could attach a gdb if you're fast enough. First you
had to restart kded with an env var set then it would always produce the
pid of the kioslave on stderr when a new kioslave is created. I guess
this doesn't work on Windows.

> BTW: I used kioslavetest to check the kio communication.

Thats probably easier than using KDevelop to test kio :)

Andreas

--
You're not my type.  For that matter, you're not even my species!!!