Strigi / CLuence on win32

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Fri Mar 2 21:16:45 CET 2007

Jos van den Oever schrieb:
> 2007/3/2, Christian Ehrlicher <Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de>:
>> Stephan Kulow schrieb:

>> > Clucene is the framwork strigi is implemented in. Strictly speaking
>> is strigi
>> > part of the workspace and might not be interesting for most KDE
>> apps running
>> > on their own on windows.
>> >
>> > But it might be interesting in itself, but not necessary if it
>> makes problems.
>> > Then we should rather concentrate on some way to compile KDE
>> without it.
>> >
>> What do you want to hear? It just makes the whole process of compiling
>> kdelibs more complicated than it's already on win32.
>>
>> CLuence is compilable on win32 with msvc, but only as static version
>> which is not acceptable due to various reasons.
>>
>> Strigi from current svn is not compilable (and it looks like it's also
>> broken on linux). There seem to be some pieces of code which try to
>> handle win32 but it simply can't work. We need at least kdewin32 to get
>> some needed posix functions.
>> Strigi is also only compilable as static version ...
>>
>> -> so either the maintainers of those two libs are accepting a lot of
>> patches to get it work on win32 (in assumption that there are some
>> people who try to get it work on win32 - currently I don't see someone)
>> and / or kdelibs/win32 must be compilable without strigi.
>>
>> Apart from this I don't know how the maintainers of strigi/CLuence think
>> about this...
>>

>> ---> moving this thread to k-c-d because we need a solution *before*
>> strigi becomes a requirement for kdelibs
>
> Thanks for bringing this to my attention, Christian. Strigi and
> CLucene should both be compilable on windows. I've not done this for
> quite a while. Ben van Klinken (clucene maintainer) develops CLucene
> mainly on a windows machine, so I'd be surprised if there are
> insurmountable problems.
The appended patch is required to get clucene compilable with mingw at
least as static version. Unfortunally there are still more errrors I
haven't found yet.

C:\Daten\kde4\clucene-build>mingw32-make
[ 79%] Built target clucene-core
[ 95%] Built target cl_test
[ 96%] Building CXX object src/demo/CMakeFiles/cl_demo.dir/DeleteFiles.obj
C:\Daten\kde4\clucene\src\demo\DeleteFiles.cpp:13: error: `lucene' has
not been declared
C:\Daten\kde4\clucene\src\demo\DeleteFiles.cpp:13: error: `index' is not
a namespace-name
C:\Daten\kde4\clucene\src\demo\DeleteFiles.cpp:13: error: expected
namespace-name before ';' token
C:\Daten\kde4\clucene\src\demo\DeleteFiles.cpp:14: error: `lucene' has
not been declared
C:\Daten\kde4\clucene\src\demo\DeleteFiles.cpp:14: error: `util' is not
a namespace-name
C:\Daten\kde4\clucene\src\demo\DeleteFiles.cpp:14: error: expected
namespace-name before ';' token
C:\Daten\kde4\clucene\src\demo\DeleteFiles.cpp:15: error: `lucene' has
not been declared
C:\Daten\kde4\clucene\src\demo\DeleteFiles.cpp:15: error: `store' is not
a namespace-name
C:\Daten\kde4\clucene\src\demo\DeleteFiles.cpp:15: error: expected
namespace-name before ';' token
C:\Daten\kde4\clucene\src\demo\DeleteFiles.cpp:16: error: `lucene' has
not been declared
C:\Daten\kde4\clucene\src\demo\DeleteFiles.cpp:16: error: `document' is
not a namespace-name
C:\Daten\kde4\clucene\src\demo\DeleteFiles.cpp:16: error: expected
namespace-name before ';' token
C:\Daten\kde4\clucene\src\demo\DeleteFiles.cpp: In function `void
DeleteFiles(const char*)':
C:\Daten\kde4\clucene\src\demo\DeleteFiles.cpp:32: error: `lucene' has
not been declared
mingw32-make[2]: *** [src/demo/CMakeFiles/cl_demo.dir/DeleteFiles.obj]
Error 1
mingw32-make[1]: *** [src/demo/CMakeFiles/cl_demo.dir/all] Error 2
mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2

Cheers