Current discussion about kde4 on windows

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Sat Jun 23 23:54:57 CEST 2007

Christian Ehrlicher said the following, On 2007-06-23 18:21:

> Maybe you've already noticed, but nikolay from amarok somehow started a
> discussion about the purpose of porting kde4/win32 :)
>
> http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/429-Amarok-2-on-windows-A-rant.html
> http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2007/06/hoping-and-wishing.html
> http://chehrlic.blogspot.com/2007/06/funny-discussion.html

Christian,
Being busy with preparing Akademy talk about Kexi, I just note the Amarok
example is not typical one. Phonon layer is not fully developed now so this
can be the reason for complexity of porting. Opponents should know that most
apps should be portable without real effort.

That said, it's not their (opponents) time that is consumed, so why they
should cry?

Keep up the good work.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek