OT: xine and phonon-xine

Niels van Mourik niels at shodan.nl
Sat Jun 2 11:53:15 CEST 2007

Op vrijdag 01 juni 2007, schreef Dapuzz:
> This evening i have tryed to compile xine-lib 1.1.90 (hg from 1.2 branch)
> using mingw without success. So i've compiled with cygwin in a similar
> cross-compiling way (with --build=i686-pc-mingw32 --host=-i686-pc-mingw32).
>
> Now i've successfully built phonon-xine (linking against cygwin.dll) but i
> cannot test beacouse kcmshell kcm_phonon is not working
> --Phonon::PluginFactory* Phonon::FactoryPrivate::pluginFactory() trying to
> load  "C:/kde_all/kde/lib/kde4/plugins/phonon_platform/kde.dll"
> --ASSERT: "pluginLoader.load()" in file
> C:\kde_all\source\kdelibs\phonon\factory.cpp, line 269
> I have talked on #phonon about this, but they have no idea about the
> reason because QPluginLoader object fails to load it.
>
> tutorial1 (2 and 3) told me only:
> Phonon::PluginFactory* Phonon::FactoryPrivate::pluginFactory() "" does not
> exist
> Phonon::PluginFactory* Phonon::FactoryPrivate::pluginFactory()
> phonon_platform/kde plugin could not be loaded
> bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() "" does not exist
> bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon_backend/xine plugin
> could not be loaded
>

> so, i don't know how to play something.
> There is a hope to use a cygwin dll in a mingw32 env?
> Is this the right way to compile xine?
> There is some other way to test phonon and phonon-xine?
>

> Thanks to all.

Hi Dapuzz,

Altough I'm not a (kde) Windows developer I do think you are trying to achieve
something impossible. Xine doesn't exist on the windows platform for a
reason, it's api is completely different.

Instead of getting Xine running on windows (and this is where Phonon comes in)
their should be some effort made on a Phonon Backend that call's the
DirectShow/DirectX API of Windows directly.

That would enable true audio and multimedia support in Windows.

Another temporary solution would be to use Phonon's gstreamer backend on
windows (as gstreamer has pretty good support for windows).

Good luck,
Nielsvm

--
The sky may fall on your head tomorrow, but tomorrow never comes!
  -- Chief Vitalstatix