Unexpected behaviour of kde4automoc

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Fri Jul 13 10:38:33 CEST 2007

On Friday 13 July 2007, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> Christian Ehrlicher schrieb:
> > Jarosław Staniek schrieb:
> >> Hello,
> >> On windows (msvc) kde4automoc executes moc in new window for a
> >> quarter of second or so (closes as soon as moc finishes). Have
> >> anybody encountered the same for kdelibs updated yesterday?
> >
> > moc is a console app -> QProcess spawns a new moc process and the new
> > window appears. Don't know how to tell QProcess to not open the console.
> > Maybe the moc output should be redirected to the current console
> > window (at least for 'make VERBOSE=1')
>
> Maybe QProcess::detached ?

Ah, now I understand - I thought it was kde4automoc that was doing wrong...

cmake -E cmake_echo_color ... is started with QProcess::startDetached. The moc
processes are started with QProcess::start. The problem with starting moc
detached is that kde4automoc may not finish before the moc processes are
done.

This is how moc is executed:
QProcess *mocProc = new QProcess;
mocProc->setProcessChannelMode(QProcess::ForwardedChannels);
mocProc->start(mocExe, args, QIODevice::NotOpen);

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de