Problem building kdepimlibs on win32

"Michael Drüing" michael at drueing.de
Fri Jan 19 13:40:17 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm running into problems compiling kdepimlibs (SVN revision 625184) with MSVC8. Here's the relevant output from the compiler:

I:\Libs\kde\kdepimlibs\kcal\resourcecached.cpp(680) : error C2664: 'KCal::Calendar::registerObserver' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'KCal::ResourceCached *const ' to 'KCal::Calendar::Observer *'
        Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
I:\Libs\kde\kdepimlibs\kcal\resourcecached.cpp(685) : error C2664: 'KCal::Calendar::unregisterObserver' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'KCal::ResourceCached*const ' to 'KCal::Calendar::Observer *'
        Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
I:\Libs\kde\kdepimlibs-build\kcal\resourcecached.moc(58) : error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'KCal::ResourceCached *' to 'KCal::Calendar::Observer *'
        Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast

This is strange, because as I see it, Kcal::ResourceCached derives from KCal::Calendar::Observer, so this conversion should be possible. I also have no idea where the "const" comes from, all the headers have the parameter to (un)registerObserver(...) without const modifier.

Any Ideas?

--Michael