Problem with explicit copy ctor

Stromek stromek at realtime.sk
Fri Feb 23 17:24:15 CET 2007

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 05:02:16PM +0100, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Stromek schrieb:

> >>Do you read my posts?
> >>your compiler complains about a missing copy ctor for KSharedConfig and
> >>I suggested you to create one to see if it helps....
> >
> >??? What's going on? Didn't you asked if I have "latest SP for my
> >compiler installed"? So I am trying to resolve where the problem is, in
> >the compiler or in the code. No one has complained about the problem yet
> >so the most
> >probable cause is that MSVC 7 .NET 2003 without latest SP (service pack)
> >have some problems as you suggested above. And that is the first
> >possibility I am going to try. Is it better now?
> >
> The SP1 was one of my guesses, but I also mentioned to add copy ctor for
> KSharedConfig (which is imho easier to fix than installing SP1,2,3,
> donknowhowmuch ;) ).

In fact, there is just one :) but to install it is as hard as there were
also 2 and 3 ;)

Btw. if we are talking about this copy constructor issue I have a question. I am not a developer of kde stuff and I don't understand its specifics, particulary this KConfig class, however, what it is good for to have a copy constructor in the child if the parent declared it private? For me, that means you "cannot make a copy" of the object because you cannot copy attributes of the parent. In reality, you can make it but it won't be a copy because the attributes declared in the parent will be default.

--
Stromek