Howto see kDebug messages from apps

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Dec 23 17:32:30 CET 2007

On 23.12.07 16:08:55, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat schrieb:
> >> Got the reason. it is because QT_NO_DEBUG is set for RelWithDebInfo
> >> build mode.
> >>
> >> If one prepends
> >>
> >> #include <QtCore/QDebug>
> >> #undef QT_NO_DEBUG
> >>
> >> before the line
> >> #include "kdebug.h"
> >>
> >> all debug messages are printed.
> >>
> >> The question is now how to enable this messages in RelWithDebInfo build
> >> mode.
> >
> > I think this might have been done on purpose, you should check with
> > kde-core-devel or kde-buildsystem wether QT_NO_DEBUG should be not
> > defined in that buildtype. After all the main use-case for that
> > buildtype is to get meaningful backtraces without the extra-large
> > binaries.
> >
> stop!
> we need QT_NO_DEBUG for ReleaseFoo - builds. Otherwise you won't be able
> to load qt-plugins because the t plugin loading code checks for
> release/debug and fails when QT_NO_DEBUG is not set correct.

Sorry, I somehow misread the name of that define. Of course it has to be
defined in all Rel* modes and but not in Debug*. So the main part of my
message still stands: IMHO its on purpose that RelWithDebInfo doesn't
print the debug+warning messages, because the purpose of that build is
to have minimal debug information mostly for proper backtraces.

Andreas

--
Your business will assume vast proportions.