[Kde-games-devel] KGoldrunner problem in Windows

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Sun Dec 23 16:23:24 CET 2007

Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> The kdewin-installer is for the end-user and 'app' - developer. It
> installs all needed things to run kde apps and build 'external' apps
> based on kdelibs.
> emerge on the other side is for the kde(libs) developer. It compiles all
> from source so the developer can debug al things down to qt.

I did not get emerge to build a working kdelibs with MSVC 2003. Will
probably try just the kdewin-installer route in the future, in a couple
of months. What happens is that after a lot of massaging it starts the
kdelibs build, but kde4automoc crashes when it is invoked, in WINNT.DLL.
Not much to work with, I know, but unfortunately I can not help
debugging this during the next couple of weeks (and I am not entirely
sure MSVC 2003 is supported at this stage.)

>> Oh, last but not least: If you find problems that are specific to win32,
>> please send a mail to the kde-windows mailinglist as AFAIK noone (except
>> myself) of the kdewin-people read this list.
>>
> Yes, please. Also if you've problems setting up a build env - don't
> think anyone can help you on kde-games-devel with that :)

I followed the techbase instructions, and they do not work at this time
(at least for MSVC 2003). When/if I get back to this problem, and find a
solution, I will post here.

> And regarding your kgoldrunner problem - looks like someone forgot to
> read the QPainter docu. I really wonder why it worked on linux ... :)

If you know what is causing the problem, and if it is obvious, could you
maybe share the solution with us? That is the main reason for our
attempt to install the Windows building environment, exactly to solve
these bugs that might be lurking. BTW, KGoldrunner works on OSX, so
Windows is the platform that is revealing this specific issue. So your
help in spotting the problem is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini