kdesupport/kdewin32/tools

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sun Dec 23 11:16:22 CET 2007

Christian Ehrlicher schrieb:
> Andreas Pakulat schrieb:
>
>> SVN commit 751321 by apaku:
>>
>> move the findqt4 one level up so its called only once
>>
>>  M  +3 -0      CMakeLists.txt
>>  M  +0 -2      create_hash_table/CMakeLists.txt
>>  M  +0 -1      svg2ico/CMakeLists.txt
>>

> I'm somewhat unhappy with this. kdewin32 subdir should imo only used for
> the kdewin32 library, nothing more. All additional tools for windows
> should be moved to another location - e.g. kdewin-tools.

unfortunally this adds an additional dependency
> kdewin-emerge should be moved too.

I agree that kdewin-emerge should be moved outside kdewin32.
> Otherwise we might get a chicken-egg problem here.

you mean because of tool dependencies on the kdewin32 library. This
tools are build after kdewin32 so there is no problem because the tools
can use the kdewin32 library.
Additional these tools are essential for building kde packages as the
library itself. This is the reason why I added for example png2ico
instead of using an external package - to reduce the number of external
libraries and therefore to reduce the number of support requests :-)

If you still think that it is worth to move it out, feel free to do so,
make a binary package, add the required dependencies in the installer
config file and emerge build system and so on.