Howto see kDebug messages from apps

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Dec 22 20:23:52 CET 2007

On 22.12.07 20:19:01, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> Ralf Habacker schrieb:
> > Ralf Habacker schrieb:
> Got the reason. it is because QT_NO_DEBUG is set for RelWithDebInfo
> build mode.
>
> If one prepends
>
> #include <QtCore/QDebug>
> #undef QT_NO_DEBUG
>
> before the line
> #include "kdebug.h"
>
> all debug messages are printed.
>
> The question is now how to enable this messages in RelWithDebInfo build
> mode.

I think this might have been done on purpose, you should check with
kde-core-devel or kde-buildsystem wether QT_NO_DEBUG should be not
defined in that buildtype. After all the main use-case for that
buildtype is to get meaningful backtraces without the extra-large
binaries.

Andreas

--
Expect the worst, it's the least you can do.