useless discussion on MinGW/MSVC & releasing apps

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Sat Dec 22 12:00:48 CET 2007

Saro Engels schrieb:
> Andreas Pakulat schrieb:
>> On 21.12.07 11:34:13, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
>>> I wonder why we need such a dicussion every now and then. Imho we
>>> decided to support both compilers - so no discussion here any more.
>> Agreed.
>>
>>> The only thing you could discuss is wheter we should (officially)
>>> support gcc4.2.1 and msvc2008. As gcc4.2.1 is only a technology preview
>>> I personally would not even consider them using it in anything other
>>> than a test environment...
>> Well, for now thats probably Ok, but I hope we can switch to gcc4.2 or
>> even 4.3 for the first release already.
>>
>>> I also don't understand why someone thinks about releasing any kde4 app
>>> before 4.1. There're so much open issues in kdelibs and I did not see a
>>> *single* checkin to fix them! Looks like you only want to get some
>>> public attention without thinking about what you want to release.
>> Do we have a list of all these issues? I suspect I can find out some
>> things by simply building and trying a kde app, but having them written
>> down might be a good thing.
>>
>> Maybe we should ask for a bugzilla component for kde-win specific issues
> There is
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Windows/Missing/features/functions/kdelibs
> already which is not to much yet. If you find something, please add it
> below.

Plz add the showstopper 'kfilewidget'. You can't change the current
drive and I'm curently unable to solve this problem. I already tried it
without sucess. It should show the same directory tree like the native
file open dialog. Desktop -> Arbeitsplatz -> C:, D:, ... but the current
url-based implementation does not allow this.

We should also disable the dbus-commandline window. Ralf?

Christian