KDE Windows and releases

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Dec 22 15:53:48 CET 2007

On 19.12.07 20:34:00, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 December 2007, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > as I said, I'm subscribed now :-)
> >
> > On Wednesday 19 December 2007, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> >
> > > One reason against mingw was that debugging kde applications with gdb
> > > would be very hard because of very very long debug info loading time and
> > > that there is no gui available - is anyone there who can give an update ?
> >
> > As already noted, kdevelop should be an option.
> > Shouldn't insight be working with mingw ?
>
> What about Eclipse ?
> CMake cvs can generate projects for it (which could use some testing and
> feedback).

Sooo, I tried eclipse on the windows box and at least here it doesn't
work at all. Built kdevelop and set a breakpoint in one of its plugins,
created a launch-config and used mingw gdb debugger as debugger.

So it seems it can only debug if you're not using shared libs or
plugins.

It also seems to be a bit buggy, when stopping the debug, eclipse
crashed.

Andreas

--
You will forget that you ever knew me.