KDE Windows and releases

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Dec 20 23:44:39 CET 2007

On 20.12.07 22:45:14, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Thursday 20 December 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> > > What about Eclipse ?
> >
> > Don't you dare ;) That evil competitor.
>
> You are right. The thing is, there is a lot of money going into Eclipse
> development, and many companies earn money from it, so I simply guess that
> it's debugging support should be good.

Guessing doesn't help and unfortunately Eclipse simply fails to be fast
enough to be usable here, else I'd do the testing (at least not in the
next 6 months)

> > Seriously though, has Eclipse
> > overcome its issues with larger projects? I didn't follow the
> > development very closely, but last time I tried importing kdelibs wasn't
> > possible, unless one deactivates the source-indexer. How's the gdb
> > support going in Eclipse?
>
> I don't know.
> CDT 4.0 is said to be much better than all previous CDT version.s

Oh, uhm, you know KDevelop4 is also already quite a bit better than
KDevelop3 ;)

Anyway, I don't want to bash on Eclipse, I'm really interested in
experiences from people using real-world-large projects with Eclipse.

Andreas

--
You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely.