KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules

Shane King kde at dontletsstart.com
Wed Dec 19 00:17:44 CET 2007

Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf schrieb:
>> On Tuesday 18 December 2007, Shane King wrote:
>>> SVN commit 749881 by shakes:
>>>
>>> Fixup for the nodefault lib msvc stuff, it now uses the same method we use
>>> in FindQt4 for setting flags via a macro and forcing them to the cache.
>>> This should allow it to work with the .sln generator too.
>> It seems I should finally subscribe to kde-windows...
>>
> This was not discussed their either... :(
> I would appreciate when such things would be discussed there first!
>
> Christian

Sorry, I made a judgement call to commit rather than discuss:

* My build was broken by the original change
* The original change wasn't discussed on the mailing list (and I didn't
recognise the changer as someone who posted on the mailing list)
* The fix was basically the same as something we'd already discussed in
another context on the mailing list (-DQT_NO_DEBUG stuff) so seemed safe
* I'd tested it worked in debug and release for me

It seemed the right thing to do to get the fix in and stop the build
breakage.

Shane.