kdebase compile problem

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Thu Dec 6 19:55:42 CET 2007

Christian Ehrlicher schrieb:
>> Von: Ralf Habacker
>> While compiling recent kdebase I got a compile error with msvc, which
>> indicates that one ore more libraries requries the static msvc runtime
>> LIBCMT  (it uses the /MT compile option) instead of using /MD
>>
>> Linking CXX executable ..\..\bin\knetattach.exe
>> msvcrt.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: __thiscall
>> type_info::type_info(class type_info const &)"
>> (??0type_info@@AAE at ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBCMT.lib(typinfo.obj)
>> msvcrt.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: class type_info &
>> __thiscall type_info::operator=(class type_info const &)" (??4type_info
>> @@AAEAAV0 at ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBCMT.lib(typinfo.obj)
>>    Creating library ..\..\bin\knetattach.lib and object
>> ..\..\bin\knetattach.exp
>> LIBCMT.lib(crt0init.obj) : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'msvcrt.lib'
>> conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
>> ..\..\bin\knetattach.exe : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply
>> defined symbols found
>>
>> The question is: Does anyone know a way to find out which library is
>> compile with /MT ?
>>
> Strange - did not get a compile error yesterday. But maybe knetattach is not compiled for me...
> Take a look into knetattach/CMakeFiles/knetattach.dir/build.make - search for 'Linking CXX executable' and see what libs are linked to knetattach.exe

ok, knetattach compiled fine for me here.
here the dependency-list (already moved the system libs):

kdewin32d.lib
zlib.lib
bzip2.lib
libintl.lib
streamanalyzerd.lib
streamsd.lib
solid.lib
kdecore.lib
kdeui.lib
kio.lib
qtmaind.lib
QtCored4.lib
Qt3Supportd4.lib
QtSvgd4.lib
QtNetworkd4.lib
QtDBusd4.lib
QtXmld4.lib
QtGuid4.lib

one of them is compiled with /MT.
Use dependency walker to see if those libs need msvcrt*.dll or not.
I would first check the qt libs (because I know you've also static ones
on your harddisk) and then the win32libs.

Christian