mime type error

Marcel Partap mpartap at gmx.net
Thu Dec 6 12:59:14 CET 2007

> run 'update-mime-database /usr/kde/3.5/mime' or whereever the
> mime directory is installed there
well there's only a mimelnk dir and it can't be done with that one:
> update-mime-database /usr/kde/3.5/share/mimelnk/
> Directory '/usr/kde/3.5/share/mimelnk/packages' does not exist!
so thx saro but couldn't quite apply your hint..

The thing I wonder is, is it sufficient that KDEDIRS=/usr:/usr/local:/usr/kde/3.5 or should KDEDIR
be set aswell? If that's enough, why does this come up:
> localhost ~ $ konqueror
> konqueror: ERROR: Error: standard icon theme "crystalsvg"  not found!
> konqueror: WARNING: KServiceType::offers : servicetype Browser/View not found
> konqueror: WARNING: KXMLGUIClient::setXMLFile: cannot find .rc file konqueror.rc
> konqueror: WARNING: KXMLGUIClient::setXMLFile: cannot find .rc file konqueror.rc
> QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::activated() to
KonqMainWindow::slotForceSaveMainWindowSettings()

I don't get it... almost considering reinstalling to a new partition as it would probably take less
time..
°_^ marcel