mime type error

Marcel Partap mpartap at gmx.net
Thu Dec 6 09:23:50 CET 2007

> Does anyone have a better idea how to solve this problem ?
Jain. But probably writing to a registry key HKLM\Software\KDE\postinstall and renaming those
entries f.e. from "01" = "update-mime-database %KDEROOT%\share\mime" to "done.01" would be an
alternative to renaming batch files...
Accidently, I've been running into a similar problem while downgrading from 3.5SVN to 3.5.8: all my
mimetypes, menus and standard icon theme are not working. Reinstalling them all did not fix the
problem, update-mime-database did not work too. I am bringing this up here because you might be able
to help me out and this problem is actually hindering my work on anything, including KDE4 on WINE
(Jason commited a patch supposedly fixing piping, needed for Holger's emerge script.. and I'm
missing my kscope :o)
The post is at http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-626522.html and I would appreciate a way out
very much. Filing a bug report for it on Kbugs would be nonsense so rather I post here.
cheers folks, marcel.