KPixampCache crash

Rivo Laks rivolaks at hot.ee
Thu Aug 23 16:04:47 CEST 2007

Ühel kenal päeval (neljapäev 23 august 2007) kirjutas Christian Ehrlicher:
> > Von: Rivo Laks
> > Also, I checked and ksycoca (kdelibs/kdecore/sycoca/ksycoca.cpp) uses
> > mmap in
> > almost exactly the same way as I am (only difference is that sycoca uses
> > read-only mode, I use read-write). Does sycoca work fine on windows?
>
> It works, but without mmap support for win32 (e.g. mmap() is called but
> returns -1)

After Jaroslaw commits his patch the KPixmapCache should do the same instead
of crashing.
It crashed because I didn't set the file pointer back to 0 in case mmap()
failed and so the cache thought that mmapping is being used and tried to use
it even when it had actually failed.

Rivo