KPixampCache crash

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Aug 23 14:27:38 CEST 2007

Serhiy Kachanuk schrieb:
> 2007/8/23, Jarosław Staniek:
>
>> Hello,
>> On first run, cache files in ~/.kde/cache-hostname/kpc are created. Then, on
>> second run, KPixmapCache opens and tries to mmap the data file. Then I got the
>> crash under win2000, msvc.net, fresh kdelibs and Qt. Have anyone encountered
>> this or is the cache is working for you on win32?
>>

> I have this problem with mingw too.

I had a crash too and the cache is not working for me may caused by a
different reason.
My crash occured in KIconCache::setThemeInfo because the themes list was
empty.

The reason is probably that the icons are now in kdebase.

A workaround which is shown below.

void KIconCache::setThemeInfo(const QList<KIconTheme*>& themes)
{
+    if (themes.isEmpty())
+       return;