dbus fails to start

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Apr 24 22:08:43 CEST 2007

Hi,

so I installed all the packages via kdewin-installer, except strigi and
kdewin32 again (and didn't build libxml2, dbus or qt myself). The result is
the same as before I started building those myself:

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
create process D:\andreas\win32libs\bin\dbus-daemon.exe D:\andreas\win32libs\bin\dbus-daemon.exe  --session
1092: assertion failed "(error) == NULL || dbus_error_is_set ((error))" file "C:\Daten\windbus\trunk\dbus\dbus-sysdeps-win.c" line 4882 function _dbus_get_autolaunch_address
Backtrace:
4	KiFastSystemCallRet
3	WaitForSingleObject+0x12
3	dbus_generate_random_bytes+0x47f
3	dbus_print_backtrace+0x10
3	dbus_abort+0xb
3	dbus_real_assert+0x44
3	dbus_get_autolaunch_address+0x2d6
3	dbus_transport_finalize_base+0x24f
3	dbus_transport_finalize_base+0x40c
3	dbus_transport_open+0x14b
3	dbus_connection_handle_watch+0x876
3	dbus_connection_handle_watch+0xb1d
3	dbus_connection_open_private+0x112
3	dbus_bus_notify_shared_connection_disconnected_unlocked+0x243
3	dbus_bus_get_private+0x20
3	ZN15QDBusConnection12connectToBusENS_7BusTypeERK7QString+0x184
3	ZN15QDBusConnection10sessionBusEv+0xa6
3	ZN12KApplication4initEb+0x208
3	ZN12KApplicationC1Eb+0x215
3	kdemain+0x236
2	kbuildsycoca4.exe+0x132a
2	kbuildsycoca4.exe+0x1247
2	kbuildsycoca4.exe+0x1298
3	GetCommandLineW+0xf0

Anybody got a hint what I can do here to debug or fix? Checking the
dbus-sysdeps-win.c I have here from windbus/trunk I don't see such an
assert in the mentioned function.

Andreas

--
You plan things that you do not even attempt because of your extreme caution.