MSVC and pure abstract classes

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Apr 19 00:05:33 CEST 2007

Hi,

in KDevelop4 we have a couple of pure abstract classes, which only have
a header file and use an inline destructor to make it virtual. All
functions are pure virtuals. When using those classes linking fails with
MSVC (works with mingw and gcc) complaining about missing references to
the constructor and destructor of the abstract class. The simple
workaround I found is adding a .cpp file along the .h and add it to the
library (or create a library if there doesn't exist one yet).

The question is: Is there another solution for this?

Andreas

--
You will be run over by a beer truck.