packaging issue with qt-mingw-4.3.0b-7

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon Apr 16 22:52:33 CEST 2007

Hi,

I announced that qt-mingw-4.3.0b-7 would use a 'lib' prefix to qt dll's
to be able to install msvc and mingw binaries on the same installation dir.
Due to a packaging error this bin package does not have dll using the
'lib' prefix.

Unfortunally the kdewin-mingw-0.2.1 package uses already libQtCore4.dll
and will not work with qt-mingw-4.3.0b-7 release. A workaround is to
copy bin/QtCore4.dll to bin/libQtCore4.dll. This issue will be fixed in
the next release.

BTW: I have thought about this 'lib' prefix again and the result is that
the next qt-mingw releases will *not* have the lib prefix until this
prefix is accepted and released by trolltech. The main reason is that
there are more sources of which qt binary releases could be released and
it would be a nightmare to deal with different dll names. This means
too, that if trolltech does *not* accept the relating patch, it will
*never* be possible to install mingw and msvc qt release in one
installation dir.