Tar in win32libs

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Apr 14 23:35:43 CEST 2007

On 14.04.07 17:18:01, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat schrieb:
> > On 14.04.07 15:51:40, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> KDevelop4 needs tar or some other zipping tool for its application
> >> templates, so it would be cool if tar could be added to win32libs. I
> >> tried to use the one from gnuwin32 but that bails out with
> >>
> >> "Could not fork": Function not implemented
> >>
> >> I'm using tar -czf basically.
> >>

> > Just talked to Christian on ICQ, we agreed that its possible to use
> > www.info-zip.org under windows. And he'll add that to win32libs sooner
> > or later.
> >

>  From the site:
>   Info-ZIP's purpose is to provide free, portable, high-quality versions
> of the *Zip* <http://www.info-zip.org/Zip.html> and *UnZip*
> <http://www.info-zip.org/UnZip.html> compressor-archiver utilities
>
> Does that mean that kdevelop will have zip support in the future ?

Uhm, kdelibs has KZip which can at least uncompress a .zip. For our
application templates (which are installed as compressed archives,
either using tar.gz or .zip) we create the archive during build and then
unpack it during project creation (depending on the archives filename
use KTar or KZip). The creation of the archives during build-time is the
reason that zip is needed on windows (as gnuwin32 tar is somehow
broken).

Andreas

--
Don't worry.  Life's too long.