kdelibs building...

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Tue Apr 10 12:28:31 CEST 2007

Andreas Pakulat schrieb:
> On 10.04.07 10:45:47, Ralf Habacker wrote:
>
>> Andreas Pakulat schrieb:

>> Little correction: the installer does not create the qt.conf, the
>> qt-...-bin packages includes a bin/qt.conf using relativ pathes.
>>

> Right. And I had to add ".." to the prefix line to make qmake work at
> all.
>

>>> Yeah found that already while trying to use the binary packages.
>>>
>>> However there are at least two new problems:
>>>
>>> a) CMake 2.4.6 looks for libz z and zdll, but I have libz1.dll installed
>>> here (via kdewin-installer)
>>>

>> cmake's FindZLIB.cmake is broken for win32
>>

> Hmm, ok. I already fixed that locally.
>

>>> b) CMake doesn't seem to consider CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH for include header
>>> paths and thus doesn't find zlib.h or later on the Strigi headers (after
>>> manually changing FindZLIB.cmake.
>>>

>> There are some cmake issues on win32  using a common win32 installation
>> base.
>>

> Hmm, ok. So I'm more or less on my own.
no, we are helping you :-)
> I wonder why cmake doesn't
> recognize its own variables (CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH for example)...

It does, but the are not set in kdewin32.cmake by default.
If you add the following line to kdewin32.cmake it will work

  # add include path and library to all targets, this is required because
  # cmake's 2.4.6 FindZLib.cmake does not use CMAKE_REQUIRED... vars
  set(CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH ${CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH} ${KDEWIN32_INCLUDES})
  set(CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH ${CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH} ${KDEWIN32_DIR}/lib)

>> I'm going to fix this currently for mingw after we are common
>> about the way to go. Please see the relating KDEWIN thread.
>>

> Will do. Thx for the support. You know I do this more or less just for
> "getting a glimpse" and trying to compile/run kdevelop so we can make
> sure it works under Windows...

That sound nice :-)