cmake support for KDEWIN(32)

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Tue Apr 10 10:45:35 CEST 2007

Hi all,

the kdewin installer makes it able to install all required package from
kdesupport and win32libs into one location, which required to merge the
gnuwin32 and kdewin32  cmake modules into a common module.
My plans are to introduce a KDEWIN.cmake module, which detects valid
installations made be the kdewin installer.  I named it KDEWIN to be
different from the basic kdewin32 library.

The features:

1. detect KDEWIN installations on various places and for separate
compilers in the following order
      1. environment var KDEWIN_DIR
      2. <ProgramFiles>/kdewin-<compiler> (compiler = mingw,msvc)
      3. <ProgramFiles>/kdewin
      4. <ProgramFiles>/kdewin32  [1]
      5. <ProgramFiles>/gnuwin32  [2]

[1] (may be performed by the recent KDEWIN32 module, see question
section below)
[2] (may be performed by the recent GNUWIN32 module, see question
section below)

2. allow additional libraries in configuration process to use libraries
from KDEWIN installation by adding values to CMAKE_REQUIRED_INCLUDES and
CMAKE_REQUIRED_LIBRARIES

3. It will probably be necessary to add also values to
CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH and CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH to have definitions available
for all targets without the need to add KDEWIN definitions to any single
target (for cmakes 2.4.6 FINDZLib.cmake this is mandatory which does not
work otherwise)

There are still some questions open:

1. Would it be okay to remove the recent KDEWIN32 and GNUWIN32 modules
complete or should they still be present ?
2. Are there any other - perhaps better - proposals for win32  available ?

Any comments welcome.