kdelibs building...

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Apr 9 02:14:57 CEST 2007

On 08.04.07 22:50:35, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 08.04.07 22:09:55, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> > Andreas Pakulat schrieb:
> > > just when you fixed one problem, the next one comes around the corner.
> > > So here I sit with kdelibs not finding Qt4 :(
> > >
> > > I didn't install Qt4 from qt-copy, as it seems thats not really working
> > > on Windows (no install target for qmake for example).
> > >
> >  kdelibs needs to have qmake in PATH environment variable
> >
> > set PATH=D:\MinGW\sources\qt-copy\bin;%PATH%
>
> It is, I can run qmake from the same cmd prompt just fine.
>
> > > It tells me it can't find QtCore and I guess this is because I built Qt4
> > > with -debug (I don't need release build and I want to save the space).
> > > Could that be a problem? The libs have the "d" appended.
> > >
> > You can build kdelibs in debug mode which uses QT debug libraries by
> > running
> >
> > cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -G "MinGW Makefiles" <kdelibs-src-dir>
>
> I used -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull already. I also included
> -DKDE4_BUILD_TESTS=off and set CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX (to something other
> than qt-copy of course).
>
> Anything else? (I also have CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH and CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH
> set to win32lib)

I had a quick look at the FindQt4.cmake of kdelibs and it seems the
macro only looks for QtCored4 library if building with MSVC, however I'm
building with MinGW32 and I still have the *d.dll.

However after changing that still not working. So I looked where it
searches for the libraries. And what I found is that the qt-copy/lib
directory doesn't contain any .lib files. Only .a and .dll as well as
.prl can be found there.

Andreas

--
You like to form new friendships and make new acquaintances.