msvc BZ2_bzCompressInit detecting problem

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Sun Apr 8 11:39:46 CEST 2007

Ralf Habacker schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> the last bzip2 releases have problems to detect BZ2_bzCompressInit.
>
> I've added a testcase which runs well using mingw, but fails with msvc
> with the following error (The full compile log is added below)
>
> CheckFunctionExists.obj : error LNK2019: Verweis auf nicht aufgel”stes
> externes Symbol "_BZ2_bzCompressInit" in Funktion "_main".
>

> While I tracked this problem down and fixed for mingw, I cannot see any
> error why msvc fails in this area.
>
> Is anyone there who can solve this problem ?

Who created the bzip2 package? I don't think I created them because I
never would create bzip2d.lib and I *know* that it worked with the
package I uploaded. In the current package, all is messed up again!
bzip2d.lib is also *never* needed...
If you don't know how to handle name mangling please don't touch the
import libs!

Christian