QtDBUS - dealing with DBUS_INSTALL_DIR

Stromek stromek at realtime.sk
Mon Oct 23 10:38:48 CEST 2006

On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 10:29:53AM +0200, Jarosław Staniek wrote:

> In this file
> http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/windbus/trunk/qt-qdbus-win32.patch
>
> I propose to replace
>
>     DBUS_INSTALL_DIR=c:/Programme/dbus
>
> with
>
>     DBUS_INSTALL_DIR=$(DBUS_INSTALL_DIR)
>     isEmpty(DBUS_INSTALL_DIR) {
>        DBUS_INSTALL_DIR=c:/Programme/dbus
>     }
>
> to allow setting DBUS_INSTALL_DIR env. variable.

We were talking about it yesterday. (I think) I cannot commit to windbus
project but in few minutes I'm going to post this change on this list.

As Peter has suggested, it would be better to have the DBUSDIR variable
instead of DBUS_INSTALL_DIR. It is similar to QTDIR and requires not
so much typing :).

My change looks following:

   DBUS_INSTALL_DIR=$$(DBUSDIR)
   isEmpty( DBUS_INSTALL_DIR ) {
      message( "DBUSDIR not specified. Using C:\Program Files\dbus" )
      DBUS_INSTALL_DIR = "C:/Program Files/dbus"
   }

My aim was that it should fall to default directory C:\Program
Files\dbus but then it has to be set during makefile generation.

Maybe "Program Files" should be replaced by $$(PROGRAMFILES) environment
variable to reflect different windows languages.

--
Stromek